At TrustCounsel, we specialize in helping individuals and families achieve peace of mind today and secure their futures for tomorrow. We guide parents and grandparents through the often confusing maze of legal and financial decisions to create plans that ensure the well-being of families and the accomplishment of cherished family goals. We have decades of experience in structuring plans to protect families, preserve assets, save taxes, and reduce the cost and time involved in estate and trust administration. Whether you are married or single, with a traditional family or a blended one, just starting out or looking back on a life well lived, we will help you craft a plan to achieve your wishes for yourself and your loved ones – providing protection for today and for years to come.
All firm attorneys are members of WealthCounsel, LLC, a national organization of estate planning attorneys dedicated to providing the highest level of service and expertise in addressing the estate planning needs of clients as well as ElderCounsel, LLC, which is focused on serving the needs of the elderly and disabled.
In addition to Estate Planning and Estate and Trust Administration, TrustCounsel offers assistance in a number of areas that are somewhat unique among law firms and provide a comprehensive suite of services:
- PlanGuard. To ensure that you and your estate plan stay up-to-date, we offer an annual maintenance program for your estate plan. This program has a number of benefits, but primary among them is email and phone advice related to your plan and a yearly review meeting.
- Fiduciary Services. To more fully meet the needs of our clients, the attorneys at TrustCounsel are available to serve as Executor, Trustee, Agent under Powers of Attorney, and Guardian.
- Tax Return Preparation. We can prepare individual income tax returns as well as gift and estate tax returns and income tax returns for estates and trusts.
- Wealth Management. TrustCounsel’s principal, Gregory Herman-Giddens, is Certified Financial Planner™ and a Registered Investment Advisor Representative. He offers investment management through a separate asset management firm.
|Gregory Herman-Giddens||Katie Muhlenkamp||Samantha Reichle||Thomas Neagle|
TrustCounsel’s estate planning, probate and tax law attorneys provide comprehensive wealth planning, protection and management services through careful selection of strategies tailored to our clients’ individualized goals and objectives.
We can help you protect your family, preserve your assets and save taxes. Contact us at 800.201.0413 or email@example.com today to begin discussing how we can assist you with your legal needs.
TrustCounsel’s experienced estate planning lawyers provide legal assistance with:
- Estate planning, including wills and trusts, IRA trusts, special needs trusts and charitable gift planning.
- Elder law, including Medicaid and Medicaid planning.
- Asset protection, including development of limited liability companies (LLCs) and establishing domestic and offshore trusts.
- Estate administration, including guidance for probate, trust administration and trust protector services.
- Taxation, including estate and gift tax planning, retirement / IRA distribution planning, and tax return preparation.
- Planning for business entities, including business formation (corporations and LLCs), buy-sell agreements and establishing nonprofit organizations.
- Guardianship, including instituting incompetency proceedings and powers of attorney.
- Prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements and property ownership agreements for unmarried couples.
- Real estate partition proceedings.
- NFA trusts for purchasing and owning suppressors, SBRs and other weapons controlled by the National Firearms Act.
TrustCounsel’s attorneys and paralegals assist clients in North Carolina’s Triangle / RTP area from our main office in Chapel Hill, North Carolina; we have additional offices in Miami, Florida and New York City.
- Gregory Herman-Giddens has been elected a "Super Lawyer" in estate planning and probate law by other North Carolina attorneys. He has over 20 years of experience in wealth planning, protection and management, and holds a Juris Doctorate from Tulane University Law School and a Master of Laws in Estate Planning degree from the University of Miami School of Law. Greg is a Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law. He is a Certified Financial Planner.
- Katie Muhlenkamp is an elder law and estate planning attorney in Chapel Hill. She received her law degree from Wake Forest University School of Law where she participated in the Wake Forest Elder Law Clinic.
- Samantha Reichle is an attorney in Chapel Hill who handles probate, tax matters, and estate administration. She received her law degree from Duke Law School and received her undergraduate degree with Highest Distinction from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.
- Thomas J. Neagle provides legal counsel in estate planning and probate law, guardianship law, trust administration law, probate litigation, corporate law, contract law, intellectual property and technology law. His Juris Doctorate degree (magna cum laude) is from North Carolina Central University School of Law.
TrustCounsel publishes the nationally recognized and syndicated North Carolina Estate Planning Blog, the first North Carolina-specific web log about estate planning, asset preservation, probate and taxes.
TrustCounsel attorneys stay abreast of innovative estate planning techniques and the constantly changing state of the law by attending the foremost national educational conferences and maintaining active memberships in leading professional organizations. We use technology to increase efficiency, improve the quality of our work, reduce costs and keep our clients informed. Above all, we seek to maximize client satisfaction by providing meaningful counsel and the best tools to achieve a client’s objectives.
Contact a TrustCounsel Wealth Planning, Protection and Management Attorney Today
From preparing and maintaining basic estate planning documents to planning an orderly and tax-efficient future disposition of a family business, the wealth planning, protection and management attorneys of TrustCounsel have the knowledge and experience to help you protect and preserve your assets. Please contact us today to begin discussing how we can assist you with your legal needs.