About TrustCounsel Estate Planning
Decades of Estate Planning, Probate, Trust, and Tax Law Experience
TrustCounsel’s attorneys and paralegals assist clients across North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, New York, and many other states. From basic estate planning to planning an orderly and tax-efficient future disposition of an estate worth eight figures, the wealth planning and asset protection attorneys at TrustCounsel have the experience to help you protect your family and preserve your assets. We’re also here to guide families through the often difficult process of managing a deceased loved one’s estate and/or trust, taking the burden off executors and trustees and advising on complex legal and tax matters.
Using highly trained estate, probate, trust, and tax law attorneys with proven experience can prevent costly errors. Our principal, Gregory Herman-Giddens, is a Board-Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law (North Carolina), has a Master of Laws in Estate Planning, and is a Certified Financial Planner™. He is a frequent speaker and writer on a state and national basis, educating the public and other attorneys. Through an affiliated company, TrustProtector, LLC, we also provide trust protector services for added flexibility and control in trusts. To see how we can help you, contact our firm to schedule a consultation.
What sets us apart?
- Sophisticated, comprehensive document drafting software that it is updated regularly by a panel of national experts
- Special expertise in planning for retirement benefits (taxation and protection)
- Special expertise in planning for ongoing protection for clients and their loved ones
- Knowledge of advantages of estate planning tools available in other states
- Annual Maintenance Plan to ensure that your estate plan stays up to date
- Fiduciary services – if desired, we can serve as Trustee, Executor, Guardian, or Agent under Powers of Attorney
- Tax return preparation available for individuals, as well as gift and estate tax returns and income tax returns for estates and trusts
- Gun Trusts to help responsible gun owners create solid firearms management plans
- Referrals to attorneys in other practice areas or other geographical areas through our national network
- Estate and Trust Administration through an experienced team of attorneys and paralegals
- In-depth Successor Trustee Manual available
TrustCounsel is dedicated to helping individuals and families achieve peace of mind for a secure future. TrustCounsel’s principal, Greg Herman-Giddens, has been practicing law for 30 years and started this firm 22 years ago. We look forward to serving you and your family for many years to come.